Watershed Location: This generating station / dam is located near the mouth of the Seguin River flowing into Georgian Bay in the Town of Parry Sound. It controls a drainage area of 1034 km².
Structural Characteristics: The dam is made up of concrete with weirs, 4 stoplog spillways and 2 sluice gates.
In Service Date: Unit 1 – 2017
Capacity: 3.1 MW
History: In addition to his sawmills, Beatty had a grist mill built on the north side of the Sequin River, south of the Cascade Street Bridge: the same property that the present powerhouse occupies. In 1896 it was converted into Parry’s Sound’s first power plant. The mill was outfitted with two 75 kilowatt monocycle alternators which produced 2,300 volts at 60 hertz. These were installed in such a manner that they could be run by water power, or by steam when the river was being used for log driving by local lumber companies.